The village hall started life as a club for the men of the village in December 1898 under the patronage of the village Squire. In 1900 women of the village were given permission to have a dress-making class in the club and in 1911 nursing classes were arranged. When a kitchen was added in 1935 it was renamed as the Kirk Hammerton Village Institute. In 1946 the club and the attached caretaker’s cottage was made over to the village by Col. Stanyforth with the responsibility for running and maintenance passed to the elected committee. The usage of the village hall has changed over the years to reflect the village contemporaneous needs.
The building is now available for any village activity and may be booked through Sheila Hornby, see below.
Contact for Booking
The hall may be booked through Sheila Hornby, 01423 330501 Village Hall secretary Carys Harrison 330795