Kirk & Green Hammerton WI
A very interesting talk and demonstration at the December meeting was given by Bob Hirst. His topic was candle making. Some of the members took up the challenge and made their own candles.
Participation in the topic of the January meeting is less likely. Sam Blacker and Steve Ross will be giving an illustrated talk about their journey on the Offa’s Dyke Walk. This is a 177 mile walk following the English/Welsh border.
The meeting will take place in green Hammerton Village Hall on Tuesday January 9th at 7.30pm.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Sue Bowe on 330651
All meetings are on the 2nd Tuesday of the month (except in July) & begin at 7.30pm. They take place in either Kirk (KH) or Green (GH) Hammerton village hall
Brownies and Rainbows- Vicky Abbott 01423 339401
Kirk Hammerton Cricket Club –
For more information on joining the cricket club, ring Tom on 07801658249 or Les Hornby on 330154
Film Nights. Malcolm Green 330242;
Films are shown in the Village Hall at 7.30 on the last Monday in every month except August. For a small annual subscription (£20) residents can come and watch the films, and borrow the DVDs or equipment.
Gardening Club – David and Helen Cunliffe 01423 331474
The club meets on the last Tuesday of every month in the Village Hall at 7.30pm, unless specifically arranged otherwise. The club organizes a variety of events including talks, quiz’s and visits.
The Village Library
The Library is open on Mondays and Fridays from 10am until late afternoon, unless it is the second or last Monday in the month, in which case it will be open until 7:30 pm, and on Saturday mornings. The Library works in the following way:
- Any villager is most welcome to come to the library
- There is no membership fee or details taken
- Any amount of books may be borrowed for any length of time; it is assumed the borrower will return the books at some point.
- Donated books are most welcome and if there are numerous copies of the same book, some may be donated to a local charity shop.
- The Village Hall committee need to be aware of numbers using the library and to that end a book will be provided to sign in as a record of usage only. PLEASE sign this book as if the library is not used it will be closed and the room made available for an alternative use.
- The access to the Library will be through the garden at the front of the Village Hall and up the steps to the right and at the rear. Any person with difficulty using the steps is asked to telephone, so the main door to the Village Hall can be left open.
Kirk Hammerton baby and Toddler group. – Helen Herbert 01423 331374
Painting Group – Kathleen Flintoff 01423 330598
The Art Group is an informal get together of amateur artists who like to paint and get together. We are mostly villagers or local and meet at the Village Hall on the second Monday of the month from 10am to 1pm. We have no tuition and share the cost of the village hall between us. We start with a coffee and a chat and then get down to painting – mostly still life or landscapes but we have done portraits. People may do their own thing or work as a group.
Anyone is welcome to come along and join or just try a morning.
School Three Thirty Club – Please contact Kirk Hammerton Primary School
Wilstrop Yorkshire Countrywomen’s Association
Initial contact- Liz Powley 01423 330246 email firstname.lastname@example.org
This organization was formed in 1983. We start at 1.45pm with a speaker/demonstrator and then have tea and biscuits before our business meeting. We choose a different charity each year and all the money we raise goes to them. We also donate once a year to the Kirk Hammerton church. We meet on the 3rd Monday of each month in the Kirk Hammerton Village Hall at 1.45pm. until approximately 4pm.
If you would like you to see your club, group or activity listed on here please send us information via the contact form on the homepage.