- The oldest resident born in Kirk Hammerton and still living in the village is Les Hornby.
- Les Hornby has lived and owned 6 properties in Kirk Hammerton:
South View Gardens
The Laurels, Chapel Street
The Hammerton Hotel (now Geoffrey Benson and Son)
Clotherholme, Station Rd.
Rosedene, Church Street
Llandaff Cottage. Church Street
- An old adage was that you had to fall in the river once and the beck twice to become a true Kirk Hammertonite.
- Col. Stanyforth, who lived in the Hall played cricket for, and captained, England before he played for a county (Yorkshire).
- The Star Inn was situated at the bottom of the garden of No1. Holly Bank. The owners donated the land for the present Chapel to be built in 1898. (Were they trying to have a foot in both camps?)
- Lyndhurst, Church Street used to be the Police House.
- There used to be three shops in the village:
Bill Lee’s, Northfield
Post Office and newsagency (now Old Walls)
Rosedene, which took over the Post Office as well as the newsagency and closed some nine years ago.
- St. John’s House used to be a private school, run by Miss Primrose Ware.
- The Old School, which closed in 1974 had separate playgrounds for boys and girls as well as outside toilets (the PC clerk remembers them far too well)!
- The parish clerk was the last person to be married in the chapel in 1987. The first person to be married there was her uncle in 1949.